Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 3. Packed with Fun.

Some good friends of mine make their living by carving Hawaiian keepsakes such as Tikis. Their new things are these little Honu (turtles). We visit them on every trip back home, and today we picked up a little Honu for Kaniela. If you're ever on Maui, and want/need a great keepsake...they're the best


.
Our local church held a lu'au tonight. Great food. Great entertainment. Great fun. All the entertainment were friends of mine. I forgot how talented they all were.



Tonight was also the Makawao Hongwanji Bon Dance. I remember coming to this every year growing up. My mother's family was always very involved. It was Cea's first time. She danced with my mom and cousin Evan (more pictures will be put on our other blog), and I got to see a lot of great friends.

No comments: